Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year, A New Dream

Everyone thinks about what they would like to realize in the New Year to come. Some people write their resolutions down; some just profess resolutions verbally and never stick to them. I am hoping that by waiting until a few days after the New Year to write my wishes for 2010 down, that I will be more likely to stick to them. Here are my wishes and dreams for 2010:

Health: I want to be healthier for ME in 2010. I do enjoy working out, but I am not always consistent with my work out routines. It’s especially hard when I have to balance work, school, taking care of a home, spending time with friends and family, and taking time for me. I am making a promise to myself in 2010 that I will find time to work out for me. My self esteem is great when I am working out because I feel strong. I feel that when I am working out, I appreciate my body for what it can do, not just for what it looks like. I would like to work out at least 3 or 4 times per week. I want to be thankful for the days that I am able to make it to the gym and have a great sweaty time. In 2010 I will not be hard on myself for the days that I am not able to make it to the gym; I will accept hiccups and get back on the wagon the next day.

Relationships: I’m not sure if it was the stress that seemed to seep through every month of 2009, but I was not nice to those I love. This will change in 2010. I took a lot of stress out on Dan in 2009 and him the same with me. In 2010 I want to redirect anger and stress away from the man I love. I want to speak only sweet, kind, and thoughtful words to Danial; words of love. I want to act more like Danial’s girlfriend in 2009. When we first started dating we both tried to go out of our ways to do sweet things for each other, I want to come back to this in 2010. In 2009 Danial and I created new friendships and were able to spend lots of quality time with these people. I want to continue to cultivate these friendships, but I also need to reconnect with those old friendships. I want to work harder to spend time with our friends that have children. It’s harder to work out schedules between naps and family time with the kids. I know Danial and I have already missed out on a lot of the first few years of our friend’s kids, I don’t want to miss out on any more.

Prosperity: In 2010 I want to stick to our family budget. I am going to work more overtime in 2010. I am going to save more money in 2010. I am going to only buy new things when the old things no longer work or absolutely need replacing. I am only going to buy things I love, rather than buying things that are on sale or are a “good deal.” I am going to buy things of quality; things that if I pass up, I can’t get out of my mind.

Lifestyle: In 2010 I want to try new things. Danial and I usually attend a lot of concerts in the city during the summer, I want to do more of this, but see different types of music, something outside of our normal music. I also want to go to the museum of art more often. I want to experience local music, not only national acts that come to the city. I want to volunteer in 2010. I have already signed up for a class at the local animal shelter and plan to volunteer there in 2010. Danial and I adopted our dog Fergus from the animal shelter back in 2006 and it was the absolute best thing we have ever done! Fergus has brought so much love into our life. He has taught us how to care for someone who cannot care for himself. He is there to snuggle when we are having a bad day and I hope that by volunteering at the animal shelter, I can spread knowledge to people that there are loving animals that need homes. I want to plan our wedding in 2010. Our wedding in September 10, 2011 and I want 2011 to be stress free so that I can enjoy every aspect of our wedding. To enjoy 2011, I need to plan well in 2010. I want to continue to take classes at Franklin and finish my second bachelor’s degree by the end of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails