Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Weekend in Review

I went to Ikea yesterday with my parents to pick up a few necessities for our bedroom makeover as well as some items for my first DIY wedding project. On the way home, we convinced my dad to stop at the outlet mall. I wanted to stop at the Pottery Barn outlet to find the serving set that I want to have for the wedding. While we had no luck at Pottery Barn, I was able to snag some amazing deals on some new items of clothing:


a. J. Crew Vintage Matchstick Cord, in dark aubergine for $6.68
b. Ralph Lauren Traci Ankle Pant for $9.99
c. J. Crew Emerson blouse, in beige for $6.68
d. J. Crew Metallic bi-fold wallet $13.50

As soon as I saw the red pants, I knew that Dan would hate them, but I was in love. I can already see them in action this summer with cute flip flops and a crisp white blouse or tank top. They will definitely be making an appearance at BBQs this summer.
As soon as I got in the car, I put the new wallet to use. It is the perfect size for clutch purses and it also fits snug in the back pocket of my jeans, which will be perfect for when we go to concerts, like The Temper Trap show at the Newport in March. Dan and I got our tickets in the mail last week and I am so excited to see them.
I plan to wear the matchstick cords as soon as I wash them as they are probably the most comfortable, non-denim pants that I have ever owned. The helpful sales man advised that I should wash them by themselves at least 2 or 3 times as the color will fade. I love the sales people at J. Crew!  I also want to find a cute pair of dark denim shorts to wear the Emerson blouse with.  It is a silk blend, which will be great for summer nights out at the bars or dinner on the patio at Tip Top Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails