Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bridal brainstorming I

Danial and I met with the Ely Brothers this morning to talk with them and review wedding photography.  First off...SUPER nice guys!  I felt like a big fat jerk because my alarm didn't go off this morning and we woke up 15 minutes before we were supposed to meet them.  Not exactly the best first impression on our end, not by a long shot.  Either they didn't care we were late or they are fantastic actors and should perhaps peruse acting gigs on the side.  Almost as soon as Danial and I got in the car it was decided that we should ask them to shoot the wedding.  Done and done!  (This wedding planning stuff is EASY!)
After watching their slide show, the wedding wheels in my head starting turning.  Watch out!  Get out of the way! 
Danial and I have always known what we DON'T want at our wedding: chicken dance, garter toss, bouquet toss, unity candles, etc.  I need to starting thinking about what we DO want at our wedding.  So, until we know for sure, here are a few things I like:

1. Variety of colors in weddings.  Maybe it is because I have a hard time making decisions, but I like the idea of using 4, 5, 6 different colors in our wedding.  (The colors I want are changing on a daily basis at this point.)  I also am obsessed with pennants and garlands.  Found at Once Wed.

2. Burlap table cloths.  Enough said.
3. Unique details.  I love this dress from JCrew.  I am half tempted to order and be done with dress shopping.  Done before I even start?  How fabulous would that be?  I have emailed this dress to my mom on multiple occasions and she has not found the love.  All you need is love.

4. Guys in skinny suits.  I cannot wait to see how dreamy Danial looks on our wedding day.  I think he's handsome no matter what.  (Especially when he wakes up in the morning and his hair is crazy, or when he has been working on his car and he's covered in dirt and smells like grease and oil, or especially when he is laughing so hard that whole body shakes...*sigh*)
5. Bridal braids.  Found at ReadyMade.
6. Bridesmaid dresses that you would actually wear again.  I love how they are cohesive, yet still different.  I wish I had an excuse to have a Mexican themed wedding like this one, found at Ruffled.
7. Tattoos and mustaches.  Please don't judge.  Please try to understand my reasoning by checking out this wedding via Cup of Jo.  (Side note, after our photography meeting, Danial got in the car and said..."I need more tattoos before we get married."  Lets all cross our fingers and hope that he was being serious.  I'm ready to get more ink myself.)
8. Big-Fat-Wedding-Smooches a la Cup O Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails