Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shoe love

I like to think that I'm not a typical "girly girl" in the fact that a) I don't go on afternoon shopping trips with my girlfriends, b) I can get ready in about 20 minutes (including a shower) and c) I do not have a shoe obsession. 
I would like to ammend part 'c' of reasons I'm not a "girly girl" because in the last month I have purchased three pairs of shoes.  What is happening to me?
In a previous post, I wrote about the purchase of my first pair of Toms (which I have had to exchange because at 25 years old, I apparently do know know what size shoe I wear), then I bought these cuties at Marshalls for $15!
"Regalia" by Madden Girl.
And lastly...I have been coveting the Steve Madden Roady Boots for the last couple of months.  Truthfully, I don't have an obsession with shoes.  I have an obsession with BOOTS.  Now...don't misunderstand, I don't have a hundred pairs of boots.  I have one.  Herein lies the obsession.  I am obsessed with finding the right boots.
I am only 5'4" and marrying a man whole is only 5'7"...okay, maybe 5'8" (trying to get soon-to-be-wife points).  It is hard to find boots that do not have a three or four inche heel and it is also difficult to find boots that don't fit my leg weird (again, I'm short with short legs).  Danial put up with the "Boot Search of '08" when I finally found my most favorite pair of boots.  That fall/winter I think I ordered four pairs of boots before I found the Born boots that I love.  2009 and 2010 were not so good to my boot search (a girl needs a black pair of boots too!) until today.
I had been googling the Steve Madden boots for the last week or so, reading reviews and trying to find pictures of actual people wearing the boots.  This is good for me because I have learned if I obsess about making a purchase, it is probably the right purchase to make (no post-purchase guilt).  Well...today was my lucky day.  Zappos has these boots on sale AND in my size.  Of course I took this as a sign and quickly signed in to purchase these boots.
In 3-5 business days, these babies will be mine.
"I love the smell of leather boots in the morning...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails