Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mason/Ball Jar love

After considering our venue, we have decided to go with the rustic garden wedding theme.  I'm not sure my family fully understand or "gets" it.  When I first told my mom that I wanted to use Mason (or Ball) jars for centerpieces, she gave a flat out "no".  Now, she has warmed up to the idea, but is still not thrilled with potential burlap tablecloths.  (I think I will just have to wear her down.)   My mom is a little worried that rather than having easy elegance, our wedding will look a little too "down home".  I rest my case with these photo inspirations:
1.  Mason jar wrapped with twine found at ThriftyFun.
2.  Purple flowers in mason jar found via WeddingBee.
3.  Big and colorful blooms in ball jar created by Bride & Bloom Flowers.
4.  Lilacs in a jar found at Simply Perfect Weddings.
5.  Dahlias in varying sized jars found at Country Living.
6.  I love how these centerpieces, found at TheKnot, are made up of multiple jars grouped with different flowers.
7.  This is a major contender for our centerpieces (minus the radishes), found at Elizabeth Anne Designs.
8.  Peonies please!  Found at spearmint decor.

I bought a blue Ball jar from an antique store a few weeks ago for $2.  I consider this a steal because this same day I went to another antique store and they were selling some for $12+.  This is crazy.  My plan for the summer is to scour garage sales, antique stores, and thrift stores for these jars.  Also, I am going to Amish Country with my mom for her birthday on Tuesday and hope to at least find a couple of jars while we are there.  Hopefully by summers end I will have a decent collection.  Mission Mason Jar, commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails