Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Underground like a wild potato...


No worries, this post has nothing to do with the B-52's, I've just had this song in my head all day.
Here are some things I have found online today that have blown my mind:

1.  Hotel Costa Verde, Costa Rica - I would love to stay in this hotel which features a “Fuselage Suite”, which is a salvaged 1965 Boeing 727-100 airplane.  (Found courtesy of Budget Travel.)
2.  A twist on a classic - It is amazing how changing something so simple can make a huge difference in your wardrobe. I am going to try one of these looks this weekend.  (Found at Refinery29.)
3.  For those of you who are about to eat…we salute you. – I have found my new favorite cooking show: Future Food on the Planet Green channel. These two guys use molecular gastronomy to create crazy concoctions. Seriously, episodes like “Burger Wars” and “Edible Packaging” blow my mind. If you don’t believe me, check out these Corn “Chicken” Nuggets from the “Burger Wars” episode:
4.  ‘Board Bikes – These bicycles are made entirely of cardboard. I cannot imagine the patience and time this must take. Hats off to the artist, Chris Gilmour.
5.  Lovely lamps – I have always loved pendant lamps, the problem that it is so hard to find some that are the correct size and shape for the room. I would love to make pendant lamps like these made of hemp found at Crafty Nest. (I also like how the talented crafter here used color and trim to spruce up her shade.)

1 comment:

  1. loving the lamps and the link to refinery29 post... must read. :)
    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails