Friday, June 25, 2010

Things I should hate, but don't

Lately I have discovered some things I should hate, but don't.. 1) Miley Cyrus for Wal-Mart
As a rule, I don't go to Walmart.  Kelly Cutrone's daughter, Eva, and I share the same sentiment about Walmart.  If you don't know what I am talking about, click here.  Also...while I am talking about it, I love Kel on Earth and I hope it comes back in the fall.)
Anyway, I found these fabulous sunglasses at Wal-Mart.
It is hard to tell from the picture, but they are black, with purple on the inside.  I like them because they keep you guessing.  Speaking of cheapo, they were only $4!  I was a little embarassed to tell Danial that they were "Miley Cyrus" sunglasses, but honestly, he wouldn't have known who Max Azria was so there was no point in mentioning the best part of the duo.
2) "California Girls" by Katy Perry
Honestly, I've never said this before, but I actually try to hate Katy Perry.  I know this must sound weird, but...she is like a pop princess and this is not really my thing.  However, there are some upsides to Katy.  They are as follows: A) She is engaged to the hilarious and sexy Russell Brand (I like boys who look a little dirty), B) She has helped bring the curvy, pin-up girl back, C) I like people who don't take themselves too seriously (honestly, I think she knows she is a gimic and is just cashing in), D) Snoop Dogg is in her California Girls video.
So...I'm not on the "Katy Train" (pun intended) and I will still try to hate her from here on out (and secretly love her fiance), but I cannot help hum along to this song when I hear it.
3) Huarache Sandals
Well...part of me says that I should hate Huarache sandals because they remind me of my grandma, but another part of me wants to love them because they remind me of my grandma.  (See: granny chic)  Whenever I see them online I find myself coveting them.  I am hoping that I can find a pair of multi-color sandals at the thirft store in the next few weeks.  See my inspiration below:

Photos in order: Castaway Vintage via Chictopia, AE Huarache Sandal $24.95, Jessica Szohr via The Look 4 Less, Ecote Leather Huarache at Urbanoutfitters.

5 comments:

  1. I hate walmart.. but it always sucks me in with it's low prices on the stupid stuff we can't live without. And Katy Perry, ugh. Can't stand her music.. but she is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Hollie, I agree. Wal-Mart sucks, but I just knew they would have what I wanted. Long story short, but our dog has been dumping the trash can in our master bathroom. So...I got a doggie-proof one for $5 at Wallyworld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. I despise Wal-Mart, but I go there anyway. I do love those sunglasses, though! And the Hurache sandals, I too, have liked them and hated them for some time. I still can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is something contagious about katy perry- i gotta say, i like her! mostly b/c she doesnt take herself too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm... so I (embarrassingly) may own a few items from the Miley Cyrus line at Walmart as well... my favorite being an awesome denim skirt...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails