Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wedding fever

It is official.  I have wedding fever (again).  It comes and goes; my emotions are like a roller coaster.  Some times I'm all gung-ho about wedding planning and other times I think, "It may be worth it to loose some of our deposit money and just elope."  Have any of you had this feeling while planning a wedding? 
I say "planning a wedding" as if I am actively making cost-impacting decisions, but in reality...all of our big spender decisions were made months ago (which take some of the fun and stress out of it).  We already have the venue (ceremony and reception in one) and photographers.  One of the big appeal factors of the venue is because they provide catering in house and also have floral and cake options on staff as well.  This is all fantastic, but it gives me a lot more time to stress about the details: dress, boutonniere, programs, centerpieces, welcome table, guestbook (or guestbook alternatives), etc. 
This all started because I lunched yesterday with one of my dearest (and longest) friends, Courtney and her little sister Caitlyn.  Courtney is great for many reasons, but one of these reasons is because she is equally as excited about my wedding as I am.  (It is hard to find friends like this, so I relish our girl and wedding talk time.)  When I went to sleep last night I had visions of mason jars, blueberry pie, and vintage doilies dancing in my head.  Here is a little bit of what I was dreaming about:
1) I am still obsessed with billy balls and I really think they will look fabulous with our puple, navy blue, teal color combo.  Danial isn't quite on board with the billy ball boutonnieres yet.  Perhaps I will just made some ahead of time and start attaching them to all of his coats, that way when the wedding is here, he will totally be used to a billy ball boutonniere.  Plus...I think a boutonniere will definitely add class to his vintage Members Only jacket.
( Fina + Nathan’s Eco-Chic Wedding via Green Wedding Shoes )
2) Lately I've been really obsessed with wedding shoes.  I think this is because I have a huge fear of being uncomfortable during our wedding and ending up with blisters at the end of the night.  Also, our venue is a little tricky with the shoe situation because I will be walking down a brick walkway to the ceremony and then the tent "floor" is also brick.  To further complicate the situation, Danial is only a couple of inches taller than me, so heels are out.  If I do purchase heels, they need to be low, no more than 2 1/2 inches tall (unless I can talk Danial into wearing lifts, which is highly unlikely).  Also, if I do purchase heels, it needs to be a semi-chunky heep or platform so I don't get stuck between bricks.  Could you imagine? 
( Boogie Woogie Heels by Seychelles available at ModCloth )
3) I recently decided when I will start shopping for a wedding dress: late August or early September of this year.  We have been engaged since late 2008 so in regards to wedding planning we have always had the idea, "Oh we have PLENTY of time!"  Well...that time is quickly ticking away.  I don't know what I want in my wedding dress, but I know what I don't want.  The "NO" list is as follows: pickups, beeding, sparkles, spaghetti straps, ball gowns, super-long trains, mermaid styles, anything too "romantic", and sweetheart necklines.  It is hard to pinpoint exactly what sort of "look" I am going for on the day.  Basically I want a classic, vintage, modern, timeless look.  Wow...I jsut realized I am a woman full on contradictions.  But...that's what I want, so I guess it will just take some time to find it.
( Alfred Angelo Style 2054 at Alfred Angelo via Universe Bridal where I will be shopping )
4) Danial and I are having just a few attendants each (no more than 3-4 each), just our dearest friends and family members standing with us.  I like the idea of this because I have seen weddings with 7-10 attendants each and honestly...I don't want to have to keep track of that many people.  Also....when you think about attendant gifts, that type of bridal party gets a little bit out of control.  I already know what I am going to do for my girls for gifts: custom clutches for the day (plus they can use it after).  I figured I will fill them with day of necessities like Burts Bees Chapstick, fans, bobby pins, and mini-bottles of Makers Mark. For the guys we thought about gifting a tie (skinny of course!) and/or sneakers (Danial is still trying to decide if he is going to wear dress shoes or classic Vans for the day).
( Custom clutches available for order from Mollusa on Etsy.  All American Tie from Urban Outfitters )

All of this wedding talk has me all "lovey-dovey" so to honor that feeling and the fact that I am headed to COMFEST in a few hours, here is my musical tribute for the weekend: "Love is My Religion" by Ziggy Marley


2 comments:

  1. You two sound like the perfect vintage couple...I can't get over his Member's Only jacket. My grandpa used to sport one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving everything about this post!

    There is no need to shop for myself anymore. I'll just hop on over here and check on the lovelies you post! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails