Monday, July 19, 2010

Fabulous!

It is no secret that I am addicted to all sorts of reality television shows.  I think my true addiction started when Danial and I were house hunting I would watch all sorts of home shows: My First Place, Moving Up, Flip This House, and just about any other show on HGTV. 
As a rule, Danial HATE HATE HATES any sort of television based in reality.  Doesn't matter what it is, he hates it.  Cake Boss.  Hates it.  Bridezilla.  Hates it.  (By the way, did anyone catch the "Where are they now?" episode.  I only caught part of it and I really want to know what happened with that crazy couple from my home state of Ohio.)  I have however talked him into watching two shows with me on the regular.  While I'm not sure if h e likes them, he tolerates them for me and truthfully, isn't that what love is all about? 
My personal favorite, Flipping Out, starts season 4 August 10 and I am so excited.  I know, I know.  I seriously can't get enough of Jeff Lewis and his hilarious assistant Jenni.  They are a little disfunctional family and I love them!
My new favorite show, The Fabulous Beekman Boys is airing now on Planet Green. 
I love this show for too many reasons to mention.  One of the reasons I love this show is because it shows a great couple who have love and respect for each other and have been in a long lasting, committed relationship (don't see that too often on reality TV); and THEY ARE GAY!  It follows Josh and Brent through the treacherous road of managing a farm and life in the city, trying to run their business, Beekman 1802, and struggling with with big topics like gay marriage.  I was sitting alone on my couch crying buckets of tears watching them host a fabulous wedding at their farm and watching them struggle with the fact that their wedding should have been the first at the farm.  (Seriously, good stuff in this show folks!)  And honestly, it is just hilarious watching two city boys try to manage a farm; including everything from bathing a lama, making soap & cheese, and scooping manure (plus cameos by Martha Stewart). 

3 comments:

  1. I totally forgot to mention that it is AUTUMN in the episodes that are airing right now. It is a perfect distraction from the 90 degree heat outside and it is making me dream of sweaters and tights and apple cider and carving pumpkins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are completely addicted to Property Virgins. We yell and cry and shout at the tv. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so heartbroken that I don't have cable. I am off to search for it online.
    P.S. I heard they have an amazing book out, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails