Monday, July 12, 2010

Panic Attack

Some of our dearest friends, Matt and Ashley, are expecting their first child in early October.  We are all excited for baby Xavier to get here.  I am especially excited to see if baby X looks like his mama or papa. 
We got an invitation in the mail last week to their baby shower bbq.  I was super excited because it is a couples event.  No offense to all the baby showers I have attended in the past, but I am NOT a fan of old fashioned baby shower games and pastel baby shower decorations.  I am excited to attend this potluck bbq with my honey.  However...something has thrown a big wrench in this whole shower business.  There is an option for swimming. 
Enter panic attack.
I realized I have not purchased a bathing suit in four years.  Okay, let me beat you to the punch.  "That is ridiculous!"  Yes, yes it is folks.  I think it has been at least 3-4 years since I've been in a bathing suit (not including my sporty one piece I wear at the gym pool) and even then, it was a suit that was probably 4 sizes too big.  I hate shopping for swim suits like any other woman, but it is especially hard to find suits for me because I am cursed with a long torso. This means not only is there a limited selection, but I usually have to pay more money for my suits.  This panic attack has lead me straight to the internet in search of a new suit.  Here is the competition.
1) Shirred One-Piece Retro-Style Control Swimsuit Dress, ShapeFX
2) Beach Blanket Bingo One Piece in Black, ModCloth
3) Firm control x-back one-piece, Victoria's Secret
4) Classic Sheath One Piece: Black Cherry, My Baby Jo
5) Merona® Women's Bandeau Shirred One-Piece, Good Ol' Target

3 comments:

  1. My Baby Jo has amazing swim suits! I don't own any, but I do borrow them from my sister and they are fabulous.

    And p.s. I'm going to do my darndest this week to add that polka dotted number from Modcloth to my shopping cart. Me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that modcloth suit is SO cute. rockstar diaries blog has a post today about swimsuits and is giving away one...
    went to a couple's baby shower in the spring with a "name that tune" and all the songs had the word "baby" or "girl" in it...really fun/quite competitive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up! I'm headed over there now to check out the give away!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails