Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Summer Doldrums

Lately I have felt like I am back in college, but without all the fun (and beer)…

• Danial and I haven’t been to the grocery store in more than three weeks (except for staple items like milk, bread, and cookies).
• We have been watching movies via Netflix like no other. For the record, Boondock Saints II wasn’t as bad as everyone said it was and Death at a Funeral (UK version) wasn’t as good as everyone said it was.
• I have run out of clean underwear and have been commando for the last week.
• We have been lounging around the house doing nothing (including blogging).

The upsides of this college-like lifestyle:
• I have lost 2 lbs in the last week because I have been living on coffee and PB&J
• The only money spent has been for gas to get to work
• Danial and I have had a chance to spend lots of time together

I am not sure if I have the summer doldrums but I’m just not feelin’ it. Perhaps it is because the weather is turning cooler and Mother Nature is letting us know fall is around the corner. Our tree in the front yard has already started sprouting plump green berries, which in the following weeks will turn to blood red. Don’t get me wrong, I love autumn, but I am not ready for it. I feel like we haven’t done enough this summer. I just want to scream, “Don’t Go!” at the top of my lungs and hope that nature listens.
Then again, this feeling could all be blamed on the fact that my fall classes at school start in September and I am not looking forward to it. I am entirely grateful that I only have five more classes until graduation for my second bachelor’s degree, but school means more stress and more time away from things that I want to do.
Has anyone else out there been in a funk? Perhaps dinner out with my man, on a patio somewhere (perhaps Tip Top Kitchen) will make me feel better. Couldn’t hurt to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails