Thursday, August 5, 2010

Love is...

The last couple of weeks love has been in the air. 
Perhaps it is because it is coming up on exactly one year until our wedding.  (I am excited because I can finally get excited about getting married since we've now been engaged for nearly two years.)  I have been seeing our love a lot differently the last few weeks.  I realized that Danial and I are already married in our hearts and our commitment to each other was established long ago and each day that passes it gets stronger and stronger and the wedding bands that we get next year will just be an outward expression of the bond that we already share.
Love is prepping the one you love for an up-coming interview.
Love is doing laundry and folding t-shirts exactly like he likes them.
Love is making a bet where dishes are the collateral and then following through and doing the dishes for two weeks. (Dan lost the best.)
Love is leaving love notes.
Love is calling to apologize after being in a fight.  (He even told me I looked pretty for the day.)
Love is listening.  (Especially when he talks about VW suspensions, light kits, dents/scratches, etc.)
Love is sharing each others dreams and goals.
Love is learning from each other. 
I know this might be really corny or silly, but I've just been feeling this overwhelming love for this man.  Maybe it is because of my parent's marriage falling apart and realizing what Danial and I have is totally different from what my parents had.  We lean on each other, but we don't depend on each other.  Does that make sense? 
Do you ever feel silly for loving your man or woman so much?  I am optimistic that after 5 1/2 years I still feel giddy when I think about him and I still look forward to being his wife and the life we have ahead of us...

3 comments:

  1. ohh la la lindsay! the blog's looking purdy!

    not corny at all. i'm one blissed out bitch this week. :) love sure is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, Thanks! I'm still workin' out, but its gettin' there. Just read your post and I'm so freakin' excited for you!!! I can't wait to read all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog IS looking sweet! It's got this clean, uncluttered, but classy feel!

    I feel the same way about my boy! We've been together for 2 1/2 years, not thinking about marriage just yet, but feeling the love growing stronger each day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails