Sunday, August 22, 2010

Martha, Martha, Martha!

While I don't necessarily consider myself a "Martha Stewart Bride", I found a few things online this weekend at Martha Stewart Wedding that I am seriously considering incorporating into our wedding day:
1) Linen Ring Pillow (how-to here)
We are not having a ring bearer or flower girl, but I am seriously obsessed with ring pillows.  I love the idea of this pillow because it is small and fits into our "vintage garden" theme.  I am going to be keeping my eye out for some vintage linens to be able to make this.  Would it be weird to ask on of the grooms men to carry the ring pillow?
2) Covered Button Blossom Boutineers (how-to here)
I'm not a huge flower person and I have always thought that floral boutineers are old fashioned and honestly, not Danial.  I really like the idea of these bout's and the fact that we would be able to keep these for always is an extra plus. 
3) Door Monograms (here)
We will be getting married in the front of the home at Taylor Mansion (photo here) and I have been debating on whether to have a wreath on the front door with wild flowers or to have our initials on the front door.  I like the idea of the initials because we can transfered these to the backs of our chairs at the ceremony and then display them in our home after the wedding. 
4) The Side Chignon (how-to here)
I'm not what I love more in this photo.  The bride's hair color or the easy elegence of the style.  I'm not sure I have the cajones to do my own hair; I can't barely do my own hair on a day-to-day basis, let alone my wedding day.  I definetly want something like this off to the side. 
5) Photos from the Past
I like the idea of this; I highly doubt I can pull of this execution, but perhaps something similar and smaller?  I like the idea of including pictures of Danial and I from our past somewhere at the reception.  Maybe at the bar or displayed during cocktail hour in the garden?

2 comments:

  1. I'm also using some Martha tips and tricks for my DIY wedding in October!

    The photo of the girl with the red hair is gorgeous, what a classic hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ain't nothing wrong with a little martha! LOVING that hair style. it is definitely a hair-DO!

    our bootinears were inspired by a tutorial i found on her website. they worked out loverly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails