Tuesday, August 17, 2010

With a name like...

So this is my 100th post.  I'm sorry, but I can't help but think of Williard Scott; "Uncle Willy".  Gotta' love him.
It is hard to believe that this is my 100th post.  It has been nearly 7 months that I have been trying to post on the regular and it has been fantastic.  I've been able to explore other blogs and vent about my feelings, as well as eagerly plan my upcoming nuptials to my best friend.  Above else, this blog has been a place where I can be accountable to myself.  When I post things here online, in the "blogosphere" I feel like I have to stick to it.  (Which is good for my dieting, less good for things like laundry and dishes.) 
This blog has been an adventure.  I am glad that I have been able to look back on the past months and see where I've been and see where I'm going.  I'm glad I have this online space and I am very, very thankful for those of you that read this blog.  It is hard to believe that across this giant electronic wilderness we can make friends and connections.  Technology is great isn't it?  We can share in weddings and births and fashion.
After reflecting on the past months, I have been thinking about my upcoming months/years.  Here is what I've been planning and dreaming about:
1) Sewing
Photo courtesy Keeping It Curvy
I am buying myself a sewing class (and dragging my friend Heather with me).  I am signing up this weekend for a class closer to my birthday in September here at Sew to Speak.  I have been following Indiana over at Adored Austin and she has really inspired me to start creating!  I can already work a sewing machine, but I don't know the technical terms for anything.  Right now I just off memory from 7th grade HomeEc.  Once I get the basics down I'm sure I'm good to go.  A lifetime of watching my mom and grandma sew has probably already given me an ability I don't know that I have.  I also scored my own sewing machine this week.  My mom's best friend said I could have her old machine since she never uses it. I can't wait to take this class because I have been eyeing this fabric at Ikea and I can't wait to make new kitchen curtains.
2) Focus on the details.
When Danial and I started dating we took tons of pictures of each other and of things we were doing.  I'm not sure if it is because we are comfortable with each other and we have fewer "firsts" together these days.  Well...I realized I have got to start taking pictures and making concrete memories to share with our future babies.  (Here is a picture of me sweating my ass off over the weekend in Dan's car.  On a side notes, I have started calling the VW "the Hooptie" because he now has a red bumper because some "dumb ass broad" hit him a few weeks ago and her insurance is dragging their feet on getting it fixed.  Long story short, Dan said he would rather have a red bumper rather than a black bumper that is crunched in.  Also, said mis-matched VW also has no AC.  Stupid car!"
3) "Get me to the church on time"
Photo courtesy of Corbis Images
I am so happy to be marrying my best friend and one of the best people I know.  He has the most kind heart.  He makes me laugh everyday and has helped me see the world differently.  He has not changed me, but he has made me a better version of myself.  I truly believe that he has helped me become the person I was always meant to be.  I realized last week that two years into our engagement has gone so fast and that the last year, the year before we are married will probably fly by.  My goal for next 12 month is to not sweat the small stuff, the relish these last 12 month of Danial being my "fiance" *insert fancy french accent here*.  I realized that never again will we be what we are today and I want to savor every minute of it.  I want to plan our wedding together, not simply show Danial some color swatches, but really make it about us (not just about me).  Thanks to A Practical Wedding I have been able to search my soul and really focus on our lives together, not just the one day that have to celebrate our love with our friends sand family.
4) Find balance.
It is an understatement to say that I have a lot on my plate.  Take a look at my helpings: planning a wedding, my parents divorce, full-time job, part-time school earning my second bachelors degree, keeping house, friends, crafting, fitness, and trying to maintain and focus on my relationship with my love.  Through all this, my goal is try to try find balance. I keep telling myself that I only have 5 more classes until I am a graduate (again).  I keep trying to tell myself that 5 more classes and then I'm done.  But truthfully, I'm not sure I'll be done.  Schooling is one of those things that I find that I just can't be done with.  I realized that I probably should have gone to graduate school right out of college, but I wasn't lucky enough in money to be able to afford it, so I started working a full-time job and here you find me, trying to balance it all at once.  I am thinking that once this degree is done, I will take a semester off and then start classes for my masters degree. 

Thank you all for being along for the ride and for your feedback and encouragement.  It means a lot to know that you are there.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails