Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dress

I bought my wedding dress!!!!!!!!!
Okay, in truth, my Mom purchased my dress for me as a gift. 
Sunday I went to Universal Bridal about an hour and a half away from my house and I couldn't have had a better experience.  They give you free reign of the store to grab dresses yourself and try on as many as you want.  No appointment.  No rush.  No pressure.  I loved it.  I went with my mom, my best friend Courtney (who bless her heart tied and zipped me into dresses until her fingers were red), my mom's best friend (my second mom), and my grandma.  It was sort of a big bunch, but they were not pushy, just wanted to see me happy.
I could not be more happy about my choice.  It is not what I thought I would end up with, but I guess that is how these things are.  I thought I wanted a lace dress with straps and ended up with a strapless, satin beauty.  All I can rememer when I put that dress on was "This is how I want to look on my wedding day" and then I started crying as soon as I put a veil on with it.
I love how the dress looks, how I feel in it, and I'm pretty sure Danial will either cry or faint when he sees me in it.  (I'm hoping for tears.  I think he'd hurt himself if he fell down on concrete.)
The best part is that I got the dress on Sunday and Monday morning in the mail I got an ad for a different bridal salon and MY DRESS was featured on the cover!  I was already in love with my dress and entirely happy with my decision, but I considered this junk mail a sign from the USPS fairy: this is my dress.
How did you feel when you found "the dress?"  Did you cry?  Should I post pictures?  Do you think Dan even looks at my blog? 

3 comments:

  1. i would LOVE to see a picture! and i'm glad it was such a good experience for you!

    if you don't want to post it, you can always email it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finding the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I so happy to hear that you found a dress that you love. It one of the big steps with the wedding. I am sure Dan will love it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails