Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh Etsy

My birthday was Tuesday and I had a fabulous day.  I worked a half day at "the job" and then came home to Dan (who took the day off for me).  Our first stop was to the North Market (I have pictures to post later) where we walked around for a bit and then I decided on a Belgium waffle with fruit from Taste of Belgium.  All I can say is that this is my new favorite thing and I'm already thinking about having them at one of our wedding events this year.  Dan went to the Best of the Wurst for a deli sandwich.  After a little snack, Danial and I went to our favorite spot in the city, Schiller Park where we sat on a bench and watched people and ducks.  After our sit, we both decided we like ducks better than people.  After a stroll around the park, we headed to Dan's grandma's house where we listened to stories of her past including how a crazy family member burned down her family's "home place" after the first World War. After visiting we headed to one of my favorite places in the city, Surly Girl Saloon.  I really like the atmosphere (everyone looks good in dim lighting) and the food.  Not to mention that they always have my favorite beer on tap and they serve vegetarian friendly food.  There were no fabulous gifts, just time with my favorite person in the world.  I'm not sure it gets better than that.  I think going forward, I prefer no birthday gifts.  A heartfelt card and time together is really all a girl needs. 
While I don't need Danial to buy me a gift, this doesn't mean I can't buy myself a birthday gift.  I have been browsing Etsy the last few days and here are what I have narrowed down for myself:
1) Personalized - Thin Triple Wrap Leather Wristband by leathermadenice
I am thinking about doing this in gold and choosing lyrics from one of our favorite songs to be stamped into the leather.
2) Denim and Cream by monkeyandsquirrel
I can already see this hung in our bedroom.  I thought about trying to make this on my own, but honestly for $28 I'm not sure my frustration or time would be worth try to reproduce something that is already so perfect.
3) ruffle necklace in mustard by prettythingsbymeg
I love mustard yellow.  I love a ruffle.  I saw this and almost died.  I am pretty sure this little necklace is going in my electronic shopping cart as soon as I post this.
4) Brown Stewart the Owl Vintage Inspired Wool Felt Applique Decorative Doll Pillow by Cuore
How cute is this owl?  He matches the colors in our living room and I love that he looks like he is asleep.  I want him really badly.
5) Oatmeal Cup Cozy by natalya1905
I love a scarf and there is no reason that my coffee or tea shouldn't have one as well.
6) Pumpkin Pie Candle by Greenbriar
If I could smell one thing for the rest of my life, it would be a toss up between pumpkin candles and the "new baby smell".  I'm not sure if my favorite part of fall is the cool, crisp weather or the smell of pumpking and cloves. 

1 comment:

  1. ohhh i love this list. hello FALL!

    and glad you and danial had a great time on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails