Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ugly Monsters

Danial and I got in an argument this morning.
I hate mornings like that.
The ugly monsters in both of us come out.  They aren't pretty.  They are mean and heartless and nothing like our true selves.
We both act like two year olds; thinking the other persosn is dumb.  We say everything except, "I know you are, but what am I?!"
It all started because I was cleaning the house and he was working a project for his car.  Instead of asking for his help, I got angry because he wasn't helping.  I just realized today that I do this a lot.  Why is it easier for me to get angry/resentful, yet so hard to ask for help?
Reminded me of my favorite moment in the movie "The Breakup".  I call this the "dishes" argument.  She wants him to want to do the dishes.  His response "Why would I want to do the dishes?!"
You Tube it.  Better yet, watch the movie on Netflix.
What I've realized is...I need to start asking for help instead of getting angry that he doesn't WANT to help...

2 comments:

  1. i'm also horrible at asking for help from josh. sometimes i think i'd rather do it alone and then just wait to see if he asks if he can help. so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornings, and days in general, like that are the worst. :/ I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails